[TCML] TCML Moderation

Hi TCML Moderators,

I have a concern with a moderation. I'm aware of a rejected post and I don't understand why it was rejected. I've been aware of it for almost a month now but it's been a sore itch. I understand "coiling related" issues is first and foremost. But sometimes, coilers are involved in things which are related due to their coiling experiences, and sometimes are not directly related to a "Tesla Coil". For example, if a coiler on this list has spent a life time building Tesla coils and through his coiling experience became knowledgeable enough to be invited on the "History Channel" as an expert to show how charge can accumulate on a surface and cause a high static voltage", then due to his time coiling, I would certainly give the benefit of the doubt. Too many times others in the spot light have posted their appearances without being rejected (why not this one?).

I personally would love to hear of fellow coilers doing things like that. Now, if they are showing that they have become the next "robot wars wizard", well, then I understand that it's off base. But if it is related to sparks some how, accumulation of charge, lightning made by man or otherwise, then yes! It's simply a "take a look at this" type of post and not some pseudo-science uneducated brain with too much time on their hands who haven't figured out why perpetual motion is impossible.

To be fair, the post I speak of is Bill Beaty's appearance within the special about the "Black Blizzard". This was a very informative show with lot's of lightning and the affects of static electricity which many suffered during that time. It was nice to see Bill (a colleague to the TCML) attempt to recreate and measure the affects of debris and friction causing static electricity.

I just don't understand why something like this would have been rejected (since it's a major media event for a coiler sort of related to the lightning we recreate in our coils)?

Regards,
Bart