Re: [TCML] Effect of doubling the input current

If you double the current, usually double the cap size, readjust the pri
tap, and spark output will increase approx 30-40% (rule of thumb).

Tesla coil oscillator caps just love current, even more so than voltage.
More current allows cap to charge faster resulting in more pps when the
appropriate type of spark gap is used.

Dr. Resonance