RE: [TCML] Control Cabinet, X-ray cable, RF-Mains grounding

-----Original Message-----
From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of David Rieben
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2008 7:40 PM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCML] Control Cabinet, X-ray cable, RF-Mains grounding

Hi Bart, Jim,

If I'm not mistaken, I was the one who originally turned you on
to the grounding one of the ears of the pig to allow a single HV
transmission line from the pig to the primary circuit ;^).

David Rieben

PS - I, too, have been tying the external tank of my pig to RF
ground via the transmission line from the tank circuit assembly
and if I disconnect the primary coil from the RF ground, then
the pig's external tank will also be floating (that just doesn't
sound good to me!)