Re: [TCML] Running a TC in snow

Constructive discussion is always positive.

I suspect your ohmmeter was operating a 9 VDC. There were probably small
millimeter sizes air separations between the crystals which the 9 VDC could
not bridge.

If you had used a "megger" (instrument commonly used by electricians to
measure high ground resistances and check electric motor coil resistances to
ground) operating at 1 kV, the resistive readings would be considerably
lower.

If you tried this experiment at 300-500 kV range of an average operating
coil I suspect the results would be considerably different.  Also, RF
currents have a much higher
tendancy to "track" across insulative surfaces than direct currents.

Snow is basically frozen water, and any current thru this material could
cause some thermal effects, slightly melting the snow, and then you have
water.

All in all, I would not operate my coils outdoors in the snow.  No good
reason to do this.  Even Santa Claus might be impressed with the resulting
fireworks as the
ice crystals begin changing back into water.  So, why take the risk?

Dr. Resonance