Re: [TCML] Threadkill -- RQ Non-coiling stuff

Hi Bill, All,

I think Chip did the right thing. The TCML is first and foremost about the construction and related physics of Tesla Coils for spark production. That was the original intention of the TCML and staying on those topics are needed even more so today than it was 10 or so years ago due to the various diversions we have seen in recent years.

As much as I admire RQ's advancements of TC's in the past, I think Chip is right to remove the post from the list based on it's content.

As far as talking about off-TCML content, I guess an alternative list could be constructed (but be forewarned that a deluge of topics will perpetrate that list without rules of on-topic discussions). Email to the individual has always been an alternative when you want to discuss off-TCML interests. That is my personal avenue to discussions taken off list by the moderator of which I've wanted to discuss further.

For whatever "list" develops from this desire, without rules you'll get all kinds of unwanted topics. With rules, you'll get all kinds of people wanting to "make a new list with new rules".

There is always a catch 22 no matter what you do. I am very happy that Chip has maintained the TCML in it's original form and moderation. Huge KUDO"S go out to Chip for sticking to his guns! This hasn't been an easy road for him. There have been issues not that long ago with on-topic discussions.

It's really those situations which back Chips decision here. RQ was not around to see some of the junk that transpired. If he was, he would understand that the need to police the TCML is far more important today than it was in the past. It's mainly a "sign of the times" issue and certainly not personal in any way.

Best regards,
Bart