Re: [TCML] Wireless Transmission Theory

I have a copy of "RF Coils, Helical Resonators and Voltage Magnification by Coherent Spatial Modes" by the Corum's which you may be referring to.
If anyone would like, contact me off list.

Their conclusion in this paper is:
The present note has modeled RF coils as slow-wave
anisotropic waveguides. I ‘A solution of the boundary value
problem has given not only the fields, but also the eigenvalue
equation for the propagation parameter (T), the velocity factor
(Vf), the wave effective characteristic impedance (Z,), and the
limiting voltage magnification (l/ah) caused by wave
interference or cavity modes. These parameters permit a
comprehensive engineering description of helix design as a
simple surface-wave transmission line, and they are
appropriate for designing and tuning Tesla coil helical
resonators on conventional Smith charts. Further, this
development analytically clarifies the smooth conceptual
transition from field theory - to distributed elements - to
lumped elements.
Take care,
Bart

resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
No, I'm not aware of any typos in the paper, just some improper science.

I'm referring to their paper on the "Slow Wave Helical Resonator".  I
don't have a copy with me in AZ so I can't tell you exactly where the
errors are.  I think Bart Anderson has a copy of this paper.

Dr. Resonance