Re: [TCML] RE: musing on lists ( Wireless Transmission Theory)

Hi Gary,

I do understand your sentiment. However, Gary Peterson also understands this topic is not for everyone. I am by nature not that opposed to this thread since it really is only a start to brain storming a "picture" and not much else (not a lot going on anyway). Coiler's aren't being mislead on how to build coils, so it's a harmless thread in that regard (which is my only concern on these type of topics). I personally could care less about transforming the worlds power system to something actually efficient (I already know the outcome even if it could work).

Let me put it this way: Even if you could transmit power without wires, you will still "pay for it" at extreme costs. From an economical reality, technology doesn't mean a whole lot. Your better off just having fun with your coil to take your mind off of the days events. This is a truth that I doubt Tesla envisioned, but it's a truth we all understand when we pay our bills.

Take care,
Bart

Lau, Gary wrote:
Enough!  Gary Peterson and William J. Beaty, kindly take a deep breath of air rather than whatever it is that you're smoking, and spare us the pseudo-science musings, hallucinations, and hero worship.  This is not welcome here.

http://www.teslaradio.com/images/image014.gif

Aha number two!   And the labels in image014.gif above look
accurate according to what I've figured out about this device.

The tower cupola is supported on electrically conducting legs,
So it looks like my chain of speculation wasn't going down a dead end
after all.  The main terminal is shorted to ground, but done via low-value
inductors.

Nonsense!  Foremost, just because this was allegedly drawn by Tesla does not mean it was drawn accurately, ever built, or ever worked.  One can patent anything regardless of whether it works or has any merit.  I would maintain that because it illustrates a spark gap between the secondary and the top load, this attempts to illustrate some kind of HVDC generator employing coronal rectification.  But just because it was drawn does not imply that it did or could work.

In any real-world Tesla coil, what do you think would happen if one connected the topload to ground via an inductor of ANY realistic value?  The answer is NOTHING.    Not for me, you, or even Mr Tesla. It would short out any secondary resonance; this is elementary circuit analysis, which apparently has no place in your analysis.

As to creating "Victorian spread-spectrum secure comm" and exciting Earth-resonance frequencies - right.  Could be he also planned to transmit an encrypted version of the internet.  I think we've wasted enough bandwidth here.  This thread makes a strong case for banning this topic outright.

Gary Lau
MA, USA