Re: [TCML] comment about new coilers

Hey All..

A FAQ site would work for about the first week of a Newbies info requirements... and then they would be here asking questions, but with a bit more knowledge ( and we all know a bit of knowledge is dangerous ;) ) When I started doing coils, I read every available web page to gather info ( all 14 websites), but I still managed to come here and read everything I could and still asked a thousand questions ( and recieved ten thousand answers :) )

As someone had mentioned, a site like Sams's Laser Site would be quite informative in the same venue for coiling, but even tho I read everything that pertained to the lasers which I were trying to work with, I still ended up on Alt.Lasers asking questions. (and the odd thing is alot of the questions never got answered, was always told to go read Sams site).

Scot D

FIFTYGUY@xxxxxxx wrote:

My biggest, if not *only* issue with new coilers asking questions here on the TCML is that they almost never check the archives before asking a question. Sure, a lot of that old info has been updated, disproven, or found irrelevant over the past decade. At the same time, many of the old posts are about *exactly* the same questions that we're still getting here today. I think we are badly in need of a FAQ for our little list. I see a lot of folks pointing to Richie Burnett's excellent site. But maybe we could look at the "Top Ten" Tesla coil building questions, and roll them up into a simple FAQ. Maybe Richie could mirror the FAQ on his site for convenient one-stop shopping. Or point them to the 4hv.org HVWiki.
snipperzzz