There is a lot of basic physics and math that is common to all designs but
to promote one stream of information conveying "the way" to build a coil
smacks of top-down nanny-state cultural marxism and will result in:

#1) - much less innovation and
#2) - much more frustration

Talk with you later!
Dave (who dropped out of college to learn)"

Based on how other subjects are generally taught I would espect the basic math and physics would have been taught first, with design of actual systems to follow. Note that the basic principles of all of your examples are the same. The MMC [a great invention for amateurs] is an example of improved components and the SSTC is an example of the use of new components [semiconductor devices] and methods of excitation.
	I doubt if anyone would actually pick Tesla coils as the main subject of a course but would rather include them as examples of the use of coupled circuits.  They differ from conventional double-tuned circuits only in their design parameters and waveforms and in the comparative ease with which those of us who are nuts about sparks and stuff can spectacular.

Ed