RE: [TCML] Spark gap

Hi Scott,

The principal you suggest has in fact been done, successfully!  I can't recall who first came up with it, but the deal is to take a small battery powered cassette recorder, place it near a running coil, then play the tape into the audio input of your PC's sound card and view the resulting waveform on any number of audio editing applications (Audacity is a free download), and count the blips in some time interval.  Not as nice as looking at a meter with a digital readout, but the price is right.  But I can't say that I've personally tried it.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA