Re: [TCML] Spark gap

In a message dated 2/25/08 11:40:07 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>Sound is a viable option. I'll consider that. I'll start with the

>photons first, but I'll keep that in mind. Not only the pitch which  can

>give a rough guesstimate, but maybe better resolution using sound  as a

>trigger, "level" set of course, but certainly  possible.

    An off-the-shelf possibility for audio is a PACT  Timer. Handy for
figuring out how fast your machine guns are running:

_http://www.pact.com/_ (http://www.pact.com/)

    Easy enough to use a remote microphone or just  record and playback the
sound, if you're worried about hurting digital  equipment. Or just stand back.
Heck, last time I ran my SISG coil I could hear  the roar of the secondary
arcs echoing off the houses around the corner 100  yards away. So reflections and
false triggers from them might be a  concern.

-Phil LaBudde
Center for the Advanced Study of Ballistic  Improbabilities

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)