Re: [TCML] was JavaTC Tuning Suggestion now a question

In a message dated 7/7/2008 6:53:17 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
_bunnikillr@xxxxxxxx (mailto:bunnikillr@xxxxxxx)  writes:

<< David brought up a reason why we do coiling in 1 aspect...

My question is...

how many of us ( as coilers who enjoy the streamer effect)  really  enjoy
the type of fireworks that are predominately hi altitude type  displays???
I wonder if the visual experience  ( gratification)  we  get from
coiling  is the same as firework displays, is there a  correlation??

Scot D >>

For me, the fascination with big electricity is many sided.

Lightning is probably the most fascinating natural phenomena I know of, but
it's much too brief and much too deadly to get a good close look at.  However,
with a Tesla coil you can experience the same effect relatively  close up and
for as long as you wish. Okay, it's still dangerous, but that just  adds to
the excitement.

The branching pattern that lightning and streamers take can be  seen in many
other natural occurrences too, like branches and roots, veins and  arteries,
river deltas etc. Lightning is looking for a path to ground and plants  are
looking for sunshine and water, which leads to exploring as many  possibilities
as they can by branching out. It seems the old saying is  true, that nature
abhors a straight line.

A TC produces the same branching pattern in a constantly changing, almost
living form. Long arcs seem almost alive and constantly searching for  something
to strike, and that's pretty awesome to watch up close, especially  when
you've built the machine that does that. Kinda makes you feel like yelling  "IT'S
ALIVE! IT'S ALIVE!"

Plasma is also fascinating, producing illumination and temperatures in the
thousands of degrees. Just to see the air light up in front of you with streaks
 of superheated gases, free of any tube or bulb, is pretty cool too. I
suppose it  does provoke the same feeling as watching fireworks because they both
bring out  the kid in most of us that likes to make noise, light, smoke, and
blow  stuff up.

Tony Greer