Re: [TCML] MMC pics

I have used perf board with good results. I have not had a problem with arcing in any of my coils configured as shown in the following links to photographs. You may want to consider modeling your mmc after this....

http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb11/dgoodfellow/?action=view&current=DCP_1114.jpg

As seen from the rear...
http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb11/dgoodfellow/?action=view&current=DCP_1117.jpg

This was made as a match for a 15/60, using 10 .15uf capacitors.

I have used more than 10 on different projects such as this bank where I tightly squeezed 15 .33uf 1600 volt cd capacitors on the same board.

http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb11/dgoodfellow/?action=view&current=DCP_1448.jpg

I like to use 2 pieces of perf for strength, and to keep the resistors further away from the thin film body of the capacitors.

You can use more capacitors of a lower voltage and make a bank that can do "anything", such as my TVC (Tesla Versatile Capacitor) that I used to sell on ebay.

It can be used with virtually any 30 ma. neon transformer because it has connection points at the 6th, 9th, 12th, 15th, and 18th capacitor!

Seen here...
http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb11/dgoodfellow/?action=view&current=DCP_1352.jpg
http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb11/dgoodfellow/?action=view&current=DCP_1363.jpg

Good luck with your project!

Dave Goodfellow

----- Original Message ----- From: "Nicholas J. Goble" <ngoble@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, July 11, 2008 3:37 PM
Subject: [TCML] MMC pics

Here are some pics of my recently soldered MMC (top and bottom).  I'm
just posting them because I just finished and I finally may have
something to brag about.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28523883@N06/2659423434/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28523883@N06/2659423450/in/photostream/

Hope these links work!