Sent: Sunday, July 13, 2008 2:58 AM
Subject: Re: [TCML] MMC pics

Nicholas J. Goble wrote:
Bart,

Yeah that does suck, but I'd rather take advice from a veteran than risk destroying the MMC. How do I unsolder the leads? Also, with all this soldering and unsoldering, am I damaging the caps and resistors? I know that resistors are pretty sensitive to heat, but what about caps? I don't want to destroy anything.

You can just heat the joints with a soldering iron until the solder melts and then pull the parts away. Don't heat more than the strictly necessary, and be careful to not spill molten solder on you. Clean the solder from the leads with the soldering iron too. There is no need of a solder sucker for this disassembly.
I also don't want to buy another perf board. I'm running low on funds. Radio shack didn't have anyones that were long enough for me anyways.
The board can be reused. If you need a longer board, you can always cut it in strips and join them in series.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz