Re: [TCML] MMC pics

Bart,

Yeah that does suck, but I'd rather take advice from a veteran than
risk destroying the MMC.  How do I unsolder the leads?  Also, with all
this soldering and unsoldering, am I damaging the caps and resistors?
I know that resistors are pretty sensitive to heat, but what about
caps?  I don't want to destroy anything.

I also don't want to buy another perf board.  I'm running low on funds.
 Radio shack didn't have anyones that were long enough for me anyways.
I have some scrap wood lying around and some spray acrylic polyurethane
sealer.  Could I seal the wood and mount the caps on that?  I've heard
that wood is lossy, so that's why I didn't use it in the first place.
If wood doesn't work, do you have any suggestions as to where I could
locally buy a long perf board (Indianapolis)?  I don't want to order
one online because 1) Low Funds and 2) I don't like waiting.

By the way, does it matter what kind of solder I use?  I used some lead
based PC resin core solder.

I know that's a lot of questions, but I feel like I'm kind of stumbling
here.  Thanks for your guidance.

Nicholas Goble