RE: [TCML] nst

a siingle weld on the laminations is OK, but the use of laminations is only partly for ease of manufacture - it is more to get the magnetic properties of the core right and to manage circulating currents - if you just short out the laminations so there is a continuous path for current, you will in effect create a single turn secondary and it will rob efficiencly and cause heat - both of which you dn't want.> From: Gary.Lau@xxxxxx> To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 19:06:15 +0000> Subject: RE: [TCML] nst> CC: > > I'm not sure that a short between laminations would be a problem. I've seen cores built where a welded bead held all of the laminations together. I would be more concerned that milling or drilling might just munge up the nice flat laminations into a mess.> > You lost me on the PVC part.> > Gary Lau> MA, USA> _______________________________________________
Tesla mailing list
Tesla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx