RE: [TCML] Primary selfC

Hi Chris,

The short answer is I don't know of a formula or calculator, but it's relatively easy to actually measure it.

Just as you drive the base of a secondary with a signal generator and monitor a capacitively coupled scope probe for a peak, you can do the same with a primary.  With a known inductance and Fres, you can calculate the Cself.  I think my Fres was about 12 MHz.  I recall that for mine, it wasn't too many pF, and certainly not something that would affect primary tuning.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA