Re: [TCML] Primary selfC

DC Cox skrev:
I never use ribbon due to corona.  Take a 5 sec B&W 400 ASA exposure and you
will see what I mean.  I did with earlier coils and the photos almost scared
me.  High level of degradation on the sec coil.  Perhaps for occassional
operation it's ok, but I would not make a commercial unit with sharp edged
ribbon.  Corona much less for copper tubing.

Dr. Resonance
I beg to differ from this point of view:

The Museum coil features sharp edged ribbon, and it was put into service 6 years ago. It has been running daily, ever since. None of the degradation you mention has ben reported, or detected by myself.

Doing it`s 6-footers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1RzN43Ql1I