[TCML] Power Factor correction cap is heating up

For what it's worth, I finally started getting better
streamers from my coil (Kong Jr), up to and
including 18 inches... better than the occasional
spark of 6 or so inches once in a while.
Seee also:
http://www.youtube.com/v/2DlrFTucG7s
but I digress.

Anyhoo, after a run of about 30 to 45 seconds, I
shut it down, and made sure all was discharged,
to make further adjustments, and thats when I
found out that the power factor correction cap
(55uf, 440vac) was very warm... almost hot.

What could cause this?  It runs in parallel with
the NST primary, following the line filter.
See also:
http://www.msbdatasystems.com/Images/Images_cc/lowvolt_side_640x480.jpg

BTW: for those of you who are interested, the
dismal 1st light streamers were being caused
by the toroid being mounted too low...it was
doing one of those corona halos that I wasn't
able to see until I got a good look at it in total
darkness... sapped all the streamer power out.
A short length of all-thread moved it higher
off the secondary, killing off the corona.

--
Rev. C.L. Mayeux
Owner, MSB Data Systems