[TCML] lightning protection and conductors

Just as a note of interest ... the best job of lightning protection I have seen can be found at a SSBN base. They have buildings that are used to load missiles, and they basically build an "electrical building" around the service building housing the sub and the procedure. Find a picture and take a look.

Also, has anyone used liquid conductors for high voltage, high current applications. It would seem that a liquid filled conductor, constructed out of the same material that you would find in your copper plumbing would work very well, or if not copper pipe, then reinforced Tygon or PVC tube filled with the liquid. Don't remember for sure, but I think that the liquid was a copper sulfate solution.