Re: [TCML] phillips question about wax and more

Bart,

Cool, I could have acquired a HV probe for cheap at an electroncis
store going out of buisness nearby.  Too bad I didn't!  My NST stats
just changed.  I think I killed one of the 12kV coils [maybe think
isn't the right word for this].  Fortunately as I previously mentioned
I depotted a 15/60, so I was able to take the working coil from that.

What do you know, it works.  I've still got some issues to deal with.
Like how the lead wire mysteriously kept getting shorter to the point
where I'm at the windings now :(, and I've got some issues grounding
the coil from the 15/60.  The transformer worked fine for a little
while while not on TC duty.  Once I hook it up to the capacitor bank
the coil with the shortened lead starts arcing to the other windings.

-Phillip