Re: [TCML] NST shunt removal vs more NSTs

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Nelson" <davidnelson11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
I have several NSTs the same. Is there an advantage to removing shunts as opposed to just using more NSTs in parallel to increase current?

The output/input will be the same in both instances. The difference will be in cost, work, and weight.

If it was me, I would get both transformers. Use one to build a coil, then when you are at the point where it is time to upgrade, parallel the second transformer. Afterwards, as your other components improve and your experience increases, you can modify one or both transformers for even more current, essentially giving yourself several different levels to reach in performance.

Remember, a transformer sitting on a closet floor requires no food, and will wait patiently for years waiting for it's turn on stage. :)

Jon