Re: [TCML] Safety Gap Construction

Yes, 3 brass ball with the center ball grounded.

Actually, you don't have to use brass balls.  I use a cut up stiff steel
wire coathanger.  One from each bushing of the nst to the grounded case.

You set them by energizing the xmfr and bending them so an arc will not
occur, usually 1/8" to 3/16" off each bushing to ground.  DO NOT try
adjusting them with the power on --- nsts give a nasty shock if you slip a
bit.

In this fashion any over potentials will arc to the grounded case.

If you do decide to use brass balls (alum. or steel works fine also) they
are carried by McMaster-Carr Company in Chicago.

Dr. Resonance