Re: [TCML] Safety Gap Construction

At 03:23 PM 6/13/2008, you wrote:
How do I construct a safety gap?  From what I see, it's just three
brass balls.  The middle one is grounded and the end two are connected
to the transformer wires.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I only have two questions:

1) Where can I buy brass balls? I've looked on the internet, but I just
can't find any.  Or maybe I don't need brass balls at all.  Is there
some other way I can construct a safety gap?
Here's a good source for threaded balls...
http://www.reidsupply.com/aDetail.aspx?N=1003459+4294966623&A=BBR-125&An=1003459+4294966623&On=1003459&ST=

2) How can I determine the spacing of the balls? Is there any formula
to calculate the gaps, or should I just guess?

Thanks again.

Nicholas Goble