I compare prices with this site: http://www.electromechanicsonline.com/default.asp?cat=Wire%2C+Magnet or this site:http://www.planetengineers.com/ as Ebay is not always a good deal.

The web sites are nice and you have a wider range of insulation options and selection of diameters.
Frank

At 09:29 AM 6/15/2008 -0700, you wrote:
I get my magnet wire from a local motor repair shop. I just call them up and tell them how many pounds of what gauge and build and they have it ready for me by the time I drive there.

--- On Sat, 6/14/08, Nicholas J. Goble <ngoble@xxxxxxx> wrote:
From: Nicholas J. Goble <ngoble@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [TCML] Secondary Coil
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Saturday, June 14, 2008, 5:59 PM

After obtaining my NST, I think my next step should be constructing the
secondary coil.  I plan on having a 4" diameter coil using 24 AWG wire.
 I got these figures off deepfriedneon.com.  Does this sound right?

I am having a difficult time finding magnet wire in my area.  Would it
be better for me just to order a spool of 1000' wire?  I've seen a few
good listings on Ebay for about $30 and was wondering if this is a good
way to obtain my wire?

Thanks for all your answers.  I kind of feel guilty that I'm starting a
lot of new threads that are probably second nature to experienced
coilers.  Thanks for putting up with my constant nagging. ;^)

Nicholas Goble