Re: [TCML] Ballastwith adjustable Core

If the core were laminated, you would get a linear control as the core is moved in and out of the coil.  What you probably want is some #14 soft iron wire that is coated with a thin layer of insulation such as polyurethane, cut it into 12 inch sections, and bound up into to a cylinder core. Works for me, though it will still heat some (it's pretty small)... I built a larger core of this type.

Richard"

	Where do you get soft iron wire these days?????  How do you straighten it?

Ed