Re: [TCML] Ballastwith adjustable Core

Ed,

_Florist-wire_ is well suited for good quality cores. Here in Europe/Switzerland the soft iron wires can be obtained from florist shop auxiliary means distributors for little money. They are in the form of bundles of straight wire (diameter 0.5mm, length up to 50cm), colored in green. The color is a sufficant insulation for the purpose of avoiding eddy currents, and there is no need to straigthen and to cut the wires: all one has to do, is to form a bundle of them!

We have made cores for our induction coils out of them:
http://twfpowerelectronics.com/%7Ekurt/InductionCoils/Homebrew2004/DSCN1647.JPG
http://twfpowerelectronics.com/%7Ekurt/InductionCoils/Homebrew2004/DSCN1649.JPG
http://twfpowerelectronics.com/%7Ekurt/InductionCoils/Homebrew2004/DSCN1650.JPG
http://twfpowerelectronics.com/%7Ekurt/InductionCoils/Homebrew2004/DSCN1652.JPG

Kurt

Ed Phillips wrote:
<snip>
Where do you get soft iron wire these days?????  How do you
straighten it?
Ed