Re: [TCML] pole chicken minus case

Too bad you don't have the case for the pole chicken.  Pole transformeres are designed to run continious the oil acts like a cooling system and gives the transformer several times better arc protection.  The high frequencies from the TC feed back into the transformer it needs all the protection it can get.  I personally would not risk it with no oil.  If you arc the transformer then it will be scrap metal.  I can not tell from the picture how large your transformer is but it may fit down inside a 5 gallon bucket.  Attach some terminals to the bucket, fill with oil, snap on the plastic lid.