Re: [TCML] Slow Motion Streamers

That was pretty awesome Tony - thx.? Dennis Hopkinton MA

-----Original Message-----
From: Sfxneon@xxxxxxx
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thu, 22 May 2008 10:34 am
Subject: [TCML] Slow Motion Streamers

Hello everyone!

I've been off the list for a while, but I was  pleased to see that a lot of
my old coiler friends are still here! Space  limitation was the main reason I
put the coil away for a while, but now I'm  moving into a cavernous old brick
building with high ceilings and I'm  resurrecting my 8" x 34" coil and taking
it from the breadboard stage to  something more permanent and portable. With
three 60 mA NSTs, I was getting 6  foot+ streamers, but the space was just too
small to push it any harder. Now I  plan to drive it with a 20 kV / 7.5 kVA
bombarding transformer and see what  it'll do.

While the coil was set up and running, I did manage to take  some digital
video of the streamers which turned out pretty good in some places.  A few
months
ago I dug out the DV tape and ran it through Adobe Premiere, and  tried
slowing it down enough to see the streamers forming and dissipating. It
actually
came out better than expected, and I put it on YouTube last September.  Check
it out here:

_http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=1000000megawatts&p=r_
(http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=1000000megawatts&p=r)

Looking forward to reading the list again and making bigger  sparks!

Tony Greer
Lubbock, Texas

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.