Re: [TCML] PFC Question (again)

Hi DC,

DC Cox wrote:
Variacs are really a thing of the past as current control is necessary and
voltage control totally unneccesary in most applications involving PTs and
pole pigs.

Dr. Resonance

Well, probably true. I still use them however. I have both current and voltage variacs. I agree that only one adjustment is actually necessary. It doesn't matter to me which is used. In my case, I do a little of both simply because I have both adjustments (I figured if I was going to build a control cabinet for a pig, I might as well control both voltage and current). Someday I'll build a homebrew ballast and do away with the variac ballast.

Take care,
Bart