Re: [TCML] DRSSTC Complete

Hi John F.,

Congrats! The coil looks great! Very compact and well organized assembly under the coil. The coil stand itself is simple and elegant. Those IGBT's are spendy however! How many are you using for this setup?

Bart

John Forcina wrote:
HI Coilers.   Just finished, with my first DRSSTC and i have completed my
goal of building it before i turn 16 :))  There are still some bugs in it
but it works.  The driver is based of Steve Wards latest driver and driven
by a fullbridge of IXGN60N60 igbt's made by ixys.  They are a very close
match to the popular 40n60 fairchild igbt and their ratings are actually a
little better.  Here is a vid on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3quVN6ZsPzw  THe strike target is roughly 1ft
away and i only have 40v across the bus.  I still need to tune it a little
more and get a couple bugs out of the interrupter.  Here is a pic of the
coil complete. http://flickr.com/photos/25967047@N07/3014879810/sizes/l/
Tell me what you guys think.