Re: [TCML] Primary angles

If your coil sec OD is under 4.00 inches a 15 degree inverted cone works
good.  For coil forms 4.00 and up, always use a flat spiral to prevent
overcoupling.  A good K factor is in the range of 0.1 to 0.14 for most small
and medium size coils.

the entire design can be efficiently accomplished using JAVATC (available
free online) which does all the calculations, allows you to do "what-ifs",
and the program advises on the K factor for optimum performance.

You can adjust pri to sec spacing, and also sec elevation above horizontal
pri to adjust the K factor until you achieve what is required by the
program.

I prefer to use slightly less than the recommended K (0.1 to 0.13) factor as
it seems to prevent the undesireable double-hump in the sec resonant freqs.

Dr. Resonance