Re: [TCML] Primary angles

Hi Dave,

That's pretty cool. Curious, have you thrown those specs in Javatc? Reason I ask is that Javatc should have no problems with this design. If not, boy I'd love to see those specs if you have them handy.

Great job doing something like that and pretty nice sparks to boot!
Bart

Dave Goodfellow wrote:
Not just feasible, I have done it a few times on small coils with one-end-grounded neon transformers in the 4 to 6kv 20 ma range.
Seen here:
http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb11/dgoodfellow/?action=view&current=largespray.jpg

The foot or so of spark is reasonable for a transformer of this size, but I will say that is is tricky to get the primary turns just right as there is no adjustment with my arrangement other than adding/subtracting a capacitor once it is close to the tune point.

Dave Goodfellow