Re: [TCML] finishing a secondary - would insulating foam be a good idea?

Hey Gary...

true that the base material is a polyureathane, but there are additional additives that cure the foam alot faster than a "paint on" material. And lets not forget the propellant used to appy the foam. Its not nitrogen for sure.... Very flamable stuff!! Plus the propellant gas is trapped in the foam after it hardens.

Scot D

Lau, Gary wrote:

Let's not loose sight of the fact that the material in question is basically the same stuff that most of us coat the exterior of our coils with - polyurethane.  If it were a problem, it's probably more of a problem on the outside of a coil than in the inside.

But I wholeheartedly agree with the consensus that none of this is necessary.

Regads, Gary Lau
MA, USA