Re: [TCML] SISG success

In a message dated 10/17/08 8:51:40 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>FIFTYGUY@xxxxxxx wrote:
>> Sure, but that'll be one  expensive brick if it's  rated at 9 to 15 kV.
>
>Yea, I  don't think such brick exist anyway.

    Sure they do! We just don't have $10,000 to  spend on one!

>Maybe there is a limit to the number of modules we just need to  keep in
mind.

    Might be a "number of series modules vs. peak  current" curve kind of
thing?

>Even only running 5 boards might be a big  improvement.

    Well, since they seem to keep running fine with  blown components (the
dead IGBTs fail as shorts), maybe keep lowering the  primary voltage as the BPS
goes up, until they quit breaking. Count the  remaining good modules, and
you'll have a data point on the safe operating  area boundary. :)

-Phil LaBudde

Center for the Advanced Study of Ballistic  Improbabilities