From: Stephen J. Hobley <shobley@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [TCML] Analysis of VTTC circuit
Date: Friday, September 5, 2008, 10:58 AM

I've been studying the following VTTC schematic, and I think I have a good
grasp of what the different sections do.
Could I get some feedback as to how accurate my analysis is?

http://www.stevehv.4hv.org/VTTC5/833Aschematic.JPG

C1 + D1 + C2 are rectifying the output of the MOT.

C3 + L1 are tank and primary

L4 + R2 are ballast

L2 + C4 + R1 are the grid trigger components to "switch" the tube on
while energy is detected in the secondary coil

C5 - not really sure, some kind of protection for the tube?

TRIAC + Staccato switch the tube filament on and off at selected rate.

Also, we are slowly gathering the components - does anyone have any of them for
sale?

Thanks,

Steve