Re: [TCML] Could this be a breakout point?

Steve,

I made mine out of wood, since large PVC fittings are expensive! Oven dry
the wood first to remove moisture, which will also cause it to shrink
slightly...so dry it first overnight in a warm (<160*) oven, cut it out to  fit, and
then seal it with 2 or 3 coats of clear lacquer or polyurethane. Hold  in place
with 3 or 4 screws or bolts around the top of the coil form.

I bored a hole in the center and glued a 2" PVC fitting in it, threaded on
one end with a smooth female coupling on the other. I had already installed 3
plex baffles inside the coil form so the hole in the top cap didn't matter,
otherwise don't drill through it. Different lengths of PVC pipe can be  plugged
into the coupling on top, and to one on the torroid to change the  height.
This also makes working on or changing toploads fast and easy.

Tony Greer