John W. G.

John W. Gudenas, Ph.D.
Professor of Computer Science

On Sep 16, 2008, at 9:14 PM, S&JY wrote:

I am wondering if the effect of moving the feedback coil up the secondary is equivalent to introducing some phase shift between primary and feedback
coil.  If so, perhaps the feedback coil could be located in a more
reasonable lower position, and a phase shift network could be used to
achieve the same result?  It would be a good experiment to try.

--Steve Y.

-----Original Message-----
From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of dr.hankenstein@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2008 6:06 PM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCML] VTTC Coupling

I used to run the feedback coil underneath the primary on my small 811A coils. Dr. Spark built a twin 833C coil several years ago, which Cameron later used as a reference for his coil and research, and placed his feedback coil higher up on the secondary. I duplicated Chris's coil in this respect and have found out that there is a sweet spot for the feedback coil which results in much longer sparks. Chris definitly has the knack for tuning a 833C VTTC. I would recommened his work, which can be found on his website!

Woo