Re: [TCML] pole pigs from Gustav

(snip)

"all I have to say is ... if its on the ground or not live, then its fair
game..."

Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way, but I think talk promoting looting/grand theft during or after a natural disaster is inappropriate for this forum.

Regardless of where transformers may be "found", or what condition you "think" they are in, they are the property of the power company.

Period.

If you take one, you are commiting grand theft.

Period.

Is there any difference between stealing a downed pole pig, and stealing the wheels and tires off a vehicle that was washed into the vacent lot at the end of your street?

Or entering a storm-damaged house to see if you can find anything worth "taking"?

Not in my book.

Kind of disappointed that so many TCML members seem ready to load their trucks up at the first opportunity ....

Regards,
Herr Zapp