Re: [TCML] pole pigs from Gustav

I can't agree more about taking storm damaged equipment. Far better to approach the salvage people from the company and make it legal. They have to go somewhere to be discarded or recycled. I get a lot of my stuff from council throwout days, dumpsters, physics dept throwouts and scrap yards. All legal. Sadly, all the electrical stuff I do is illegal here in Australia, contravening some code or other.
Peter

----- Original Message ----- From: "Quarkster" <quarkster@xxxxxxx>

"all I have to say is ... if its on the ground or not live, then its fair
game..."
Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way, but I think talk promoting looting/grand theft during or after a natural disaster is inappropriate for this forum. Regardless of where transformers may be "found", or what condition you "think" they are in, they are the property of the power company.
Period.
Regards,
Herr Zapp