Re: [TCML] pole pigs from Gustav

jimlux wrote:

bunnykiller wrote:

Hey Herr...

I checked with the Entergy employee after reading this email. I asked what the company does with the damaged piggies. They throw them away... not recycled, not melted down for scrap metal, not referbished, just simply thrown away. The costs to "resurect" piggies is not viable. It costs more to do a total overhaul on a piggie than to buy a new one. Plus it gives the company an opportunity to replace old units with new ones.

Scot D

They may well throw them away, in which case you can be there ready to receive it. But grabbing it before they look at it and decide to pitch it is, as others have pointed, out, plain and simple theft.

One last note from me on this,
I do perimeter security and video surveillance work for several power companies here in Florida. Glades Electric Co-Op. Florida Power and Light, Southern Energy Corp, Vandola Power to name a few and not a one of them simply throw them away. Many of them use this company http://www.floridatransformer.com/ Florida Transformer offers free pick up and delivery and they are located in North West Florida which is closer to Louisiana than to where I live. Also I would think the EPA would prohibit just throwing them in a dumpster. That's the way it is here anyway.

End of my comments on this but I did want to offer what I know.

Rob

--
AMSAT Area Coordinator AMSAT Member#35649 AMSAT President's Club Bronze Sustaining Donor IFC#2880