Re: [TCML] Varnishing Secondary

Wow, I got a *lot* more response than I thought I would!
My secondary form is a pretty thick (>1/8") 3.25" diameter cardboard tube
from a roll of plotter paper, so I don't think I will have any problems with
poor quality PVC like Garry. I really don't care *too *much about cosmetics
(although it's for a science project, so the judges might care!), just that
it works. It's not a terribly powerful coil (8kv, 30mA power supply), so
will the amount of varnish make any difference in the performance? I know
the amount of varnish is probably trivial compared to the rest of the
construction, but I just want to make sure I do it right.

Thanks,
Matthew