Re: [TCML] VTTC-tuning. John got me started ;-) water resistor

Hi Jim,

Jim Lux has provided some great, practical information on aqueous resistor design. You may also want to download another excellent 21 page paper about aqueous resistors R. E. Beverly III and Associates. Their application note should be titled "Everything you wanted to know about aqueous resistors but were afraid to ask"... :^)

It covers the properties of a number of different salts (in addition to CuSO4 and NaCl) and compatible electrode materials. They also show a cross section of their R-100-10 aqueous resistor as well as useful design information, including resistance calculations, breakdown voltage, resistivity versus salt concentration and temperature, energy dissipation, etc. Solid, practical information from pulsed power experts.

http://www.reb3.com/pdf/r_appl.pdf

Bert
--
We specialize in UNIQUE items! Coins shrunk by huge
magnetic fields, Lichtenberg Figures (our "Captured

Jim Mora wrote:
Hi,
I have made a few of these to dump the energy of a large discharge cap. Jim
Lux has a write up on making them. He suggests using tygon or vinyl tubing
filled with distilled water doped with copper sulphate which is in most
hardware stores as a root killer. He used brass or copper bolts or brass all
thread in the ends. I suppose for short storage life table salt would be
fine as the resistance will change.

Jim Mora