[TCML] GFI Transformer Help

I went to my local electronics surplus dealer and asked for a transformer
for a Tesla coil 2 or 3 months ago (I *really* didn't know what I was doing
then). I had then gotten really busy what with school and all, and did not
find out until later that it was a GFI transformer, and that it wouldn't
work for a coil. I cannot take it back (it's been to long), and was
wondering what, if anything, I could do about this.
The rest of my coil building went flawlessly (as far as I know), and I
decided to try the coil anyways. I plugged it in, flipped the switch, and
got a rhythmic hum out of my spark gap. It was actually sparking (to my
surprise!), but not for long enough to charge the coil. It also was not
firing loudly, or strongly, just kind of clicking. Is there any way to
disable the GFI? Can I fix it?, I live in central Florida, so is there
anywhere I can get an alternative, quickly? Help!

Thanks,
Matthew