Re: [TCML] Which IGBT?

Grant,

Choosing the right IGBT is quite important, as this determines how much
power you can push into the coil.  A popular IGBT to use as of late is the
IXGN60N60C2D1<http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=IXGN60N60C2D1-ND>
Rather expensive to obtain unless you get in on a group buy or know someone
who has extras to sell.

I'm in the process of building a small coil that sounds quite similar to
yours.  I used Farichild
SGH80N60UFD<http://www.fairchildsemi.com/ds/SG/SGH80N60UFD.pdf>IGBTs
in a full bridge for my coil.  In testing I've found them to be
reliable to 350A at 120bps.  I've got a sort of project
log<http://4hv.org/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?63760>up at
4HV, that may be helpful to you.

Why are you using only half-wave rectification for your bus supply?  You do
have filter caps smoothing this out, correct?

-Phillip Slawinski