Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2009 3:30 PM
Subject: [TCML] Sucker Gap

I can't swear to it, but I may have been the originator of the sucker gap. Mine is documented at http://www.laushaus.com/tesla/onegap.htm

There are two purposes behind forced air. One is to cool the electrodes, but more-so, it's important to remove the hot (ionized?) air from between the electrodes, as hot air has a lower breakdown voltage and will reduce the bang size.

A 12V computer fan is probably going to be too small and unfocused to do much good unless you funnel it through the gap.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA

Regarding my spark gap, I always go for the easiest, simplest solution as I am not that mechanically inclined.