RE: [TCML] TUNGSTEN TUNGSTEN TUNGSTEN

-----Original Message-----
From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Dr.Hankenstein
Sent: Thursday, April 23, 2009 5:38 PM
To: 'Tesla Coil Mailing List'
Subject: RE: [TCML] TUNGSTEN TUNGSTEN TUNGSTEN

Interesting, Andrew.

I obtained my tungsten electrodes from a place I believe to be called
CTI (Cincinnati Tungsten, Inc?) They carried them in stock in pieces
3/8" by approx 2". I bought extra so I could weigh them statically and
used them on my "Zotzilla" Tesla Coil. The nice salesman told me that
they keep plenty of this size and a few other sizes in stock for a big
customer. They use these to balance helicopter rotor blades.

BTW; how are you going to cut your tungsten rod???

Hank

Hi Hank, I have the fool proof way to cut the rods. Use a fresh 32tpi
good hacksaw blade in good handle. Clamp rod in vise with pad. Use firm
pressure on saw. Remember, saw only cuts in forward direction (dulls in
the reverse direction). Then break it, chuck the piece up in your drill,
and dress with your bench grinder. I did all 8 pieces in no time. James