[TCML] Not an Oudin coil (was: Re: Single ear piglet)

An Oudin coil is an autotransformer, yes?  Definitely not what you're doing, David.  An Oudin coil with a one-eared pole pig for a primary source would certainly be far, far greater *guaranteed* danger than a similar Tesla coil with a primary/secondary arrangement.  An Oudin coil with a one-eared pig means that you're standing on one leg of the primary HV and the other is wired directly to the streamer that's about to hit you.  With a Tesla coil, the concern for 50/60Hz on the streamers is generally tied to the concern that a coincidental primary-to-secondary flashover occurs, setting up a transient Oudin-coil-like scenario.  Still not something to scoff at, but you do have to get [un]lucky.

Regards,
Aaron, N7OE