From: futuret@xxxxxxx
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [TCML] Re:Pros and cons
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 16:39:51 -0500

 I see.  I wasn't really following this thread.  I agree the resonant frequency is
important for VTTC's but somehow I can't imagine a frequency below 50kHz
causing insulation problems.  Has that problem been demonstrated in a
VTTC?  Certainly if too-thin wire is used, that might cause a problem.
A 50kHz VTTC should be constructed physically large with a large
substantial toroid perhaps, to help keep the frequency low, and to permit
adequate insulation.  A 50kHz VTTC would probably tend to be a rather
powerful VTTC in keeping with the physical size.

For whatever reason, I tend to obtain fuzzy looking sparks at the lower
VTTC frequencies below 200kHz or so.  Fuzzy sparks may not be as
long as the more sword-like or spike-like sparks, which are more likely
to appear between 200 to 400kHz or so.

Regards,
John