From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of G Hunter
Sent: Friday, February 06, 2009 3:38 PM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TCML] Is It Polyethylene?

I purchased a roll of "contractor's choice" brand plastic sheeting from
Lowe's.  It's 6 mil, milky translucent in color.  Nowhere does the packaging
mention what kind of plastic it is, nor can I find any recycling symbol.

I did the microwave oven test on it, and it didn't warm up at all.  Does
anyone know what kind of poly this is?  Does anyone know a quickie test for
us non-chemists?

I'd like to homebrew some caps, but I want to use polyethylene, not vinyl.

Cheers,

Gregory R. Hunter